In order to provide the best and most consistent service to all our customers, we ask that you please review the following policies to understand how they pertain to your order. If you have any questions, feel free call us at (763) 229-7155.
- Free Shipping offers are only applicable to shipments within the continental United States. If you reside in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, please call us at (763) 229-7155 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on additional shipping charges.
- If you need to return an item that was originally shipped to you for free, the amount of your store credit or refund will reflect the cost we paid to ship your item. For example, if you choose to return a $400 snare drum that was shipped to you for free, your credit / refund will likely be $15-30 less than the original purchase price ($370-385), reflecting the cost we incurred to ship the drum to you.
- We ship the vast majority of our domestic orders via FedEx Ground. On occasion, certain shipments may be sent via USPS depending on the item's size, weight, and destination. Should you require expedited shipping or prefer to use another carrier such as UPS, please contact us to arrange your shipment.
- We ship via FedEx Ground on Monday through Friday and via USPS on Monday through Saturday. Most orders placed before 12:00 PM Eastern Time are processed and shipped the same day. In some cases, shipments may take an extra 24 to 48 hours to process. In the event that an ordered item is unavailable (e.g. not in stock, on backorder, out of production, etc), we will notify you immediately to determine what actions are appropriate.
- No Signature Required: By default, all domestic shipments are sent with No Signature Required for both FedEx Ground and USPS. If you wish to require a signature upon delivery, this may incur an additional charge. In either case, if a package is returned to us after multiple attempts to deliver, the shipping amount will not be refunded.
- Insurance: All items are automatically insured for $100 per box. If you would like to purchase additional insurance, the cost is $0.90 per $100 of additional insurance.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express from a variety of countries outside the United States. We accept PayPal (in US dollars) from customers with verified accounts and confirmed shipping addresses. In some cases, we can also accept bank / wire transfers. Please note that all credit card orders require additional verification and must be manually processed.
- We use USPS Priority Mail for most international shipments. In the case of larger items (or when there are USPS country restrictions), we ship via FedEx.
- Shipping rates may vary from estimates shown on our website or on our eBay listings. In the event that the actual cost of shipping is different from the initial estimate, your invoice will be adjusted (either lower or higher) to reflect the actual cost of shipping.
- To help reduce the cost of shipping, we make every effort to consolidate the number of boxes used for purchases of multiple items. Please note that such “combined shipping” is done at our discretion with regard to the safety of the purchased items. If we feel that combining certain items in one package may cause damage during shipment, we will notify you and items can be shipped separately at the appropriate cost.
- Many governments around the world levy some combination of excise tax, value-added tax (VAT), import duties, and other fees on products sent from the United States. We are not responsible for paying these fees, nor do we have any way of estimating how much these charges may total. We do encourage you to check with local regulations prior to purchasing so you know what responsibilities - if any - you have to your government.
- Most USPS Priority Mail shipments, regardless of the final destination, arrive within 1-3 weeks of shipment. However, in some cases, your order may get “stuck” in Customs for an extended period of time. We are not responsible for any delays caused by Customs processing in your country.
- In the event that a package is damaged on arrival or lost, it is the buyer’s responsibility to open an investigation with the shipping courier (e.g. USPS, FedEx) within 2 days of receiving a damaged item, or realizing an item has been lost. These investigations can take several weeks to conclude. We are not able to offer any replacements or refunds until the investigation has been completed.
- If your country imposes restrictions regarding shipments and returns the item to us, you are responsible for the return shipping cost to us (if any), as well as the return shipping cost back to you. There are no refunds or cancellations.
- Warranty Information for International Customers: If you need to file a warranty claim for an item you purchased from us, we will be happy to help you through the process, however you will be responsible for paying all shipping charges involved in returning the item to the manufacturer and/or receiving a replacement.
- Before returning an item, please call us at (763) 229-7155 or send an email to email@example.com
- We accept returns within 14 days of you receiving a product on all new items. We do NOT accept returns on used, clearance/blowout items/layaway and special/custom order items.
- We do not accept returns on items such as earplugs or other items where hygeine is involved.
- If you wish to return an item within 14 days of receiving it, you MUST meet all of the following criteria:
- You must include ALL original packaging materials, in the condition in which they were received.
- You must include the original invoice / sales receipt and any other paperwork originally included in the package or with the item.
- The item(s) must be unused and free of any signs of use, wear, stick marks, smudges, and/or fingerprints. The item will be subject to a 15% restocking fee if we are unable to sell the item in the condition in which it was sold to you. Items such as sticks or heads are not returnable if they show any use.
- Items returned after the aforementioned 14-day grace period will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- You are responsible for the return shipping costs, and should you opt for a refund, the original shipping amount will not be refunded, whether you were originally charged for shipping or not.
- TDL allows a maximum of two returns per customer per year, starting from the date of the first returned item.
- Returns are not allowed when trade-ins/special closeout deals are involved.
- ATTENTION EBAY CUSTOMERS - If you return an item that was purchased in Ebay, the original cost to ship the item will not be refunded (whether you originally paid for shipping or not), and the balance of the refund will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- We ask that you please supply tracking information when returning your item. You are responsible for the item until we receive the item at the address provided below:
The Drum Loft
601 Taft St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Special and Custom Orders
- Ensure that the details of your order are exactly to your specifications prior to placing the order. Once Special or Custom orders are placed with manufacturers, it becomes difficult - and in most cases impossible - to make any changes.
- All Special and Custom orders require a minimum of a 50% deposit at the time of ordering.
- Special and Custom orders can not be cancelled once they have been placed with the manufacturer. In the event that you wish to cancel your order, the aforementioned deposit and the product(s) in question are forfeit.
- We require that the outstanding balance on the order be paid prior to shipping (or you picking up) the item(s). This timeframe may vary from several weeks to several months depending on the item(s) and manufacturer involved. If full payment is not received within 30 days of TDL receiving your order, the deposit is forfeit and all items become property of the The Drum Loft.
- For items under $400, we offer a 30-day Layaway plan. On items over $400, we offer a 90-day Layaway plan. In either case, a deposit of at least 20% is required (more is OK!).
- If an item is not claimed within the 30 (or 90) day window, the deposit is forfeit, and we reserve the right to sell the item to another customer.
- We will make up to two attempts to contact you within the 30 (or 90) day window via the email address and phone number you provide at the time of making your deposit. If our attempts go unanswered, we will consider this an order cancellation and your deposit will be forfeit.
- Layaway orders cannot be cancelled or returned, nor is it possible to transfer the value of a layaway purchase towards another item. As with the above scenarios, if a layaway order is not completed under the terms of the original agreement, the deposit is forfeit.
- We take items on consignment. If and when a consigned item sells, 75% of the sale price goes to the owner while 25% goes to TDL.
- Consignment plans are 90 days in length. If the item has not sold after 90 days, we will lower the asking price by approximately 10%.
- If you wish to remove the item from the store before the end of the 90 day agreement, you will be charged 10% of the asking price.
- TDL will issue a check or store credit for 75% of the successful sale within 3 days of the sale.
- The owner is responsible for any damage or loss